Monday, July 04, 2011

Little Miss Independence

Today was Charlotte's very first 4th of July... and one of our first major outings as parents... and we couldn't have had a greater day. It's truly amazing how much this little one is soaking up everything. We decided to go to the Liberty Festivities on base, unsure of whether or not she would be able to handle all of the people/sensory overload. But she faced it all like a champ... in fact, she didn't even want to sit in her stroller at all... as soon as she saw the festival, she wanted to roam all around by the flight line and trip everyone that wasn't watching out for her and just take everything "in". Can we say, "Little Miss Independence" ?

We enjoyed seeing many familiar faces,and thank you to everyone for not overwhelming us or Charlotte too much with "hellos"... it was just the perfect balance. Papa chased Charlotte around for a good part of the evening, and even took her up the stairs to check out the cock pit of the A-10. She LOVED bbq chicken on a stick (thanks to Uncle Adam for introducing her to that-we had to purchase quite a few sticks to keep her content), and even tried a little taste of nacho cheese. We had to entertain Charlotte for about 3.5 hours before the fireworks started, but as soon as they started to go off, she was ready to be held, and focused about 60% of her attention on all the "pretty colors"... the other 40% was spent rehearsing "Paddycake" over and over and over again... Happy 4th of July everyone!

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. So sweet and beautiful! I love hearing about your adorable little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet post across the board but I have to say that the silhouette of Charlotte and Papa against the fireworks is amazing both in composition and content!! It melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of you kissing her! I have come to look forward to your posts about Charlotte. She is such a precious little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what great photos! Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, it looks like she's adjusting so well and having a blast! Very independent! Good and bad for mama and papa. ;-) I hope you had a wonderful day and I hope you are feeling better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this! the pictures are so happy and celebratory. :) i looove seeing you especially with your baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. K-lo you look so beautiful. Each picture u take with her and of her are just adorable. You make such a beautiful Mama and Papa looks like his heart is stolen by this liitle beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness does motherhood suit you! Looks like you're having a great time with Charlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That silhouette against the fireworks is beautiful! Loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a perfect July 4th indeed! She's doing so well :)

    ReplyDelete