Monday, August 25, 2014

A Day In The Life... again.

Just a little over a year ago... I blogged, "A Day In The Life "... it was my first day solo as a Mom of 2... and today... was my first day solo as a Mom of 3...

I thought it would be fun to capture a picture (or sometimes more than one) every hour of the day, while the hubby was at work... to remember how this very first day went down... to look back on this day, and laugh at "how I did it."

I meant to place my camera right on my bedside table, but my brain completely forgot to do that the night before... so... the first 2 hours are documented by a few photos... and then I got right into the hourly rhythm.

6:45- 8:00 am: the first one to wake was Finn... He pretty much enjoyed a 30 minute feeding session before Marley woke up... and then Charlotte was up and "snuggling" her baby... My morning cup of coffee didn't happen until just about 8:00 am... oh those first few sips... they are amazing...

9:00 am: We made our way outside on the front porch to grab some fresh air before it got too hot. It's the perfect little place to contain the girls with toys while I feed Finn or fold clothes or water plants, etc.

10:00 am: Put Marley down for a nap, and made my way back out to the front porch to stuff diapers and help Charlotte string her beaded necklace...

11:00 am: Marley refused to nap (teething, BIG TIME) so she was out of her crib by 10:30 and we spent this whole hour playing and picking up around the house. I even made my bed...

12:00 pm: Fed lunch to the girls... and rushed to head out the door for our 1 o'clock appointment for Charlotte at the Audiology clinic.

1:00 pm: We made it to the appointment on time... in fact, I was actually 4 minutes early... I was completely elated... and all of the kids behaved super well.

2:00 pm: Made it home, after a quick stop at Starbucks to treat Mommy to an iced drip coffee. Marley never napped ... again... thank you teething (this just means she would go to bed super early).

3:00 pm: Snack time on Mommy and Daddy's bed... after Finn had a long feeding session. This was also, "torture the kitty" time.

4:00 pm: Did a little baking... it kept the girls occupied, and got rid of some of the old bananas that were just sitting around.

5:00 pm: Pulled the muffins out of the oven... YUM! Started prepping dinner.

6:00 pm: Finished cooking dinner, while the girls watched 1 episode of SUPER WHY... I'm proud to say, that I made it the whole day with only 1 viewing of a 30 minute show! Seriously... pat me on the back.

Sometime close to 6:00 pm... Daddy made his way home... which meant... I survived our first day. 

Honestly, this is probably one of the quickest Mondays that I have ever experienced... It was, for the most part, a very relaxed day... and I can't complain. 
Pin It!


  1. Seriously. Amazed. I don't know how you even do it, let alone make it look so easy! Congrats on surviving your first day alone!

    1. thanks sweet friend! I have no idea either ;)

  2. Loved all the pictures! You make it look so easy!

    1. ha! Well then... I didn't photograph it well enough ;) nah... it really isn't so bad throwing another kid into the mix... at least, not yet. ;)